With Christmas fast approaching, the window of opportunity to do holiday-related activities narrow with each passing day. If given the chance to explore Massachusetts, would you be willing to drive to different locations throughout the state to celebrate each area’s festivities? If so, you’ve got many options awaiting you this holiday season. Here are five Christmas activities to do in Massachusetts:
- Attend the Festival of the Trees and Snow Village. Located in Wellesley, this annual event is well worth the drive it takes to get there to attend it. Visitors vote on trees with raffle tickets to bring one of the beautifully decorated objects home with them. There are horse-drawn carriages and opportunities to visit with Santa, too.
- Go to the Blink! Light and Sound Show in Boston. With over 350,000 lights and musical entertainment nightly for five weeks, this Christmas celebration held in Faneuil Hall Marketplace is worth checking out. Free to enjoy and offering new performance every half hour starting at 4:30 PM, it’s on experience you’ll remember for the rest of your life.
- Celebrate the holidays at Eustis Estate in Milton. If you want to know what it was like to live during the Victorian era, you can take a trip back in time with this incredible Christmas display. Located in the historic Eustis Estate, the location offers new activities for visitors to enjoy each day of the month of December.
- See Stockbridge’s Main Street painted in real life. Fans of Norman Rockwell don’t want to miss the opportunity to see the city’s historic downtown area being painted in real time the way the artist would depict it himself. Located in Stockbridge, this opportunity comes with many other activities that are held in the city throughout the month.
- Attend a Glassblowers’ Christmas at Sandwich Glass Museum. See all the beautiful glass ornaments that were created for the event. Local and national artists are represented at the exhibit. The event is not free but is well worth the cost of admission.
Spend the holidays doing the things you love to do most with the people you love most in an area of the country that makes you feel good. Massachusetts is full of wonderful winter activities to do with family and friends. Explore your options by identifying the types of Christmas activities you want to take part of in the state. You’ll be thrilled about the experiences you had and the memories you created by doing so.